Telesat is a highly respected full-service satellite engineering consultant with over 40 years of experience in geostationary (GEO) and low earth orbit (LEO) satellites. Our expertise is sought the world over by customers who require independent guidance and support on a full range of technical and commercial matters related to satellite communications and earth observation.
Telesat’s consulting group has the experience, specialized services and software products to assist governments, satellite operators, spacecraft manufacturers, investors, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis.
Main areas of Telesat’s consulting activities include:
- Space Segment and Ground Segment Procurement & Construction Monitoring
- Satellite Operations
- Tracking, Telemetry & Control (TT&C)
- Transfer Orbit Services
- Flight Dynamics Software
- Business Development & Planning
- Frequency Coordination
- Insurance Advisory Support
- Satellite Applications & Engineering Solutions
- Training Programs
As part of Telesat, one of the largest satellite operators in the world, the consulting group works across the full breadth of the industry. For example, Telesat's consultants have provided guidance on programs with the following payloads:
- C, Ku and Ka-band
- On-Board Processing
- Ground-Based Beam Formation
The consulting group’s proven record of advising clients at all stages in their development and on virtually any satellite related topic – technical and commercial – is unsurpassed in our industry.
Specific areas of Telesat’s consulting expertise include:
- Satellite and launch procurements – We have negotiated contracts on behalf of clients with virtually all major manufacturers and suppliers.
- Launch Mission Management – We have had engagements involving Proton, Sea Launch, Land Launch, Long March, Ariane, Delta, and Dnepr.
- Satellite Construction Monitoring – Telesat consultants support clients around the world in this critical activity. We help our customers control schedule, budget, and technical risk to achieve overall mission success.
- Satellite Flight Operations – Often referred to as Tracking, Telemetry and Control (TT&C), Telesat flies many third-party satellites in addition to spacecraft in our own fleet.
- Frequency Coordination – We have amassed valuable experience in all aspects of the complex frequency coordination process and have helped satellite operators successfully coordinate their orbital positions and register their networks with the International Telecommunications Union (ITU).
Telesat develops close cooperative relationships with clients – relationships built on our industry knowledge, fast response and passion for your success.
If your organization is contemplating a satellite program or considering participation in a satellite venture at some level, please contact us to learn more on how our consulting expertise can help you meet your objectives.