Teleport Services for International Markets
Telesat is a leading provider of satellite capacity around the world, but some customers want more than just space segment. In response, Telesat provides a range of cost effective teleport services that customers can utilize when they lack ground facilities, or when their teleport is located outside of the beam coverage they are trying to access.
Many customers find that Telesat’s global infrastructure offers them a number of advantages including large, powerful antennas (9m and above), diverse Internet backhaul, along with hub platforms from respected leaders in satellite broadband
Telesat teleport customers enjoy the added benefits of…
- Avoiding large capital outlays that are often part of expanding or establishing a new teleport facility
- Maintaining full control of their network and remotes through dedicated administrative access to the network
Telesat’s most sought after Teleport Service offerings:
- VNO (Virtual Network Operator) Service - For enterprise customers seeking regional or even global coverage, Telesat offers dedicated wholesale IP services using the iDirect platform. Telesat provides all the iDirect hub hardware required at our teleport locations.
- Hosted VNO Service - Utilizes Telesat’s hub and teleport facilities for hosting a customer-provided iDirect VNO package (line cards, protocol processors, NMS). Through this unique solution, customers benefit from low costs, scalability and rapid deployment, all of which can be attractive for entering new markets.
- SCPC Service - Dedicated IP bandwidth to terrestrially challenged remote areas around the world, typically using SCPC modems provided by Telesat at the teleport end. Traffic can be transported to the Internet or your private backhaul.
- Co-location Services - Telesat will provide rack space, conditioned power, security and support for your servers and solutions that you can manage remotely – from an office or while in transit. You can readily add remotes, change performance parameters and security levels on your own, or utilize Telesat support as needed.