Telesat (NASDAQ and TSX: TSAT) is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecommunications, corporate and government customers for over 50 years. Backed by a legacy of engineering excellence, reliability and industry-leading customer service, Telesat has grown to be one of the largest and most successful global satellite operators.
Telesat Lightspeed, our revolutionary Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite network, scheduled to begin service in 2025, will revolutionize global broadband connectivity for enterprise users by delivering a combination of high capacity, security, resiliency and affordability with ultra-low latency and fiber-like speeds. Telesat is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, and has offices and facilities around the world. The company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 15 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite, which is the start of Telesat Lightspeed. For more information, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or visit www.telesat.com
Telesat is looking for an experienced Satellite Sales Engineer to join our team in Brazil. Working closely with our International sales team, the resource will be responsible for designing end to end satellite communication solutions to meet our customer's needs.
- Ability to generate link budget alternatives that use the space segment efficiently and exceed customer expectations.
- Identify space segment capacity with the Marketing and Product teams.
- Working closely with Satellite Operations, define transponder operating levels.
- Update the carrier database and all other engineering information management systems, for carriers assigned.
- Raise technical operational issues experienced by the customer such as interference or unexpected performance to the attention of the appropriate internal groups.
- Seek from customers expected future technical requirements (coverage, performance targets and service concepts) and bring them forward to the team to assist design of new satellite payload and services.
- Support customers in resolving potential technical system issues by coordinating with the Network Operations team.
- Present technical briefings at trade shows and customer events.
- Recommend trials and product evaluations of satellite communication system technologies.
- Support and contribute accordingly with Telesat´s LEO constellation development activities
Education and Experience required:
- Bachelor Degree in Telecommunications or Electronic Engineering combined with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the satellite operations industry (ex. RF communications, satellite link design, systems engineering and ground station hardware)
- link budget tools such as ECM, Complan and Satmaster;
- VSAT hubs and networks (iDirect, HNS, Gilat, Viasat, Comtech, etc.);
- TCP/IP, QoS and terrestrial network infrastructures;
- frequency coordination, impairments such as interference and the satellite regulatory environment;
- transponder loading and capacity management.
- Excellent written and oral English and Spanish.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel in Brazil and to international customer locations as required