Telesat’s 2023 National Fellowship for Indigenous Youth
Today, less than 2% of Indigenous Canadians work in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). The 2023 Telesat Fellowship for Indigenous youth is aimed at reducing barriers to education and providing impactful learning and career opportunities in the space sector. This annual program will provide two students with $5,000 scholarships, $15,000 stipends, and 8-month paid internships at one of Telesat’s cutting-edge teleport facilities in Alberta, Manitoba, Nunavut, Ontario or Quebec.
Eligible applicants must:
- identify as indigenous (Inuit, Métis, or First Nations);
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- be enrolled in full-time studies in a first bachelor degree or college diploma program;
- be enrolled in an engineering or technology discipline applicable to Telesat’s operations;
- Be willing to relocate for a paid internship opportunity at one of Telesat’s five nationwide teleport sites. These sites are located in Alberta, Manitoba, Nunavut, Ontario and Quebec;
- have a minimum cumulative average of 75% (or equivalent) over the last three terms of available marks.
Applicants can view the full program details and apply online. The application and supporting document deadline is 1:00 pm ET, March 30, 2023.