Creating Opportunities in STEM: Telesat’s 2021 Scholarship Program
Today, women are under-represented in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and that needs to change. The 2021 Telesat Scholarship Program is aimed at closing this gender gap and inspiring the next-generation of female innovators and leaders. This annual program will provide eight (8) students a scholarship of $5,000 CAD each.
Eligible applicants must:
- identify as female;
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- be in full-time studies entering into the third or fourth year of an undergraduate degree in the 2021 academic year;
- be enrolled in an eligible STEM program;
- have a minimum cumulative average of 80% (or equivalent) over the last three terms of available marks;
- be enrolled in an accredited Canadian university
Applicants can view the full program details and apply online. The application and supporting document deadline is 1:00 pm EST, May 12, 2021.